Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Double Bass:Handy,but complecated!!

Have you ever tried helping your father fix a double bass peddle? One that has been broken for,oh I don't know,8 years!! Well,it needs some work. A new tap screw,a spring for the peddle and a couple of other small things. Its funny how all these small springs and screws make up a medal foot shaped thing that you push with your foot against a bass to make a loud "THUMP!!" Isn't it? But,its all worth it,because a bass drum is the most important part of the drumset. It makes all of the fills and not to mention it is really fun when you hit it to a fast beat!! We'll see how this double bass works out for me. I'm so used to just hitting the one peddle,that it may take awhile for me to get used to it.But,there is only one way to find out. Play.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know much about bass pedals but I wish they didn't take so long to fix!!Dad wasn't able to take me driving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOl Hannah You will get there..and the drums will get fixed!! I will hear them a rat a tat tat soon!!

    ReplyDelete