Oh,it has been a busy week!! School,Fathers day,a graduation party,baby-sitting my niece and nephews,my brother going to Brazil for a missions trip....the list actually stops here. I have barely had time to play the drums!! (Actually,I think I' m going to as soon as I'm finished.)
I read a verse in Corinthians on Friday that talked about what love is. I never really thought about
it until I read it. It talked about how love is unselfish,and not jealous. How it is patient and gentle and kind.
The love doesn't necessarily,"flow" when your busy. It made me think about the fact that I hadn't really been showing any of these qualities over the past week. Usually when I'm talking with my brother I jokingly say something mean about something he likes or wants to do. He'll laugh along with me,and I'll take that as showing love. But,love doesn't even jokingly say rude things. It always protects. So,I challenge you:The next time you think about jokingly saying something mean about something or someone,remember that true love really wants to show kindness and gentleness. Not jokes.
No comments:
Post a Comment